Important news for the week:
Jul 19, 08:30 CA Core Retail Sales (MoM) (May)
– The US reportedly shot down a drone in the street of Hormoz saying it was one of Iran, while Iran states it is not missing any drone. This incident seems to however clearly show the conflict between the US and Iran might be in the next stage of intensifying.
– Hawkish FOMC voting member Williams said yesterday it is better to take preventive measures than watch a disaster unfold which was seen as quite dovish.
– US earnings thus far have been better than expected and the S&P recovered well yesterday also on the back on a very strong Philly Fed Index.
– USD: weaker however on a rollercoaster ride up and down at the moment, not fully decided where it wants to go, to price in the next moves of the Fed.
– EUR: Gained well following USD weakness, yet fell below the 1.1270 again signaling room for further setbacks
– AUD: broke out its range after many months of trying and may retest the former resistance as support now on its way to test the 200 day MA next around the 0.71
– Gold: reacted heavily to the upside one more time and the bullish momentum clearly remains in place at the moment.
– Oil: lost heavily yesterday despite the oil production in the Gulf of Mexico main cut by 19%. It seems the shooting down of the drone has helped oil to not sell off even further.
– BTC: recovered strongly yesterday well back up in the 10k’s and needs to push beyond the 10,675k now which it attempted to do this morning but failed for now.
● BTCUSD: we like to BUY at 10680 with SL at 10360 and TP at 11478
● XAUUSD: we like to BUY at 1449 with SL at 1438 and TP at 1462
● XAGUSD: we like to BUY at 16,20 with SL at 15,95 and TP at 16,80
● AUDUSD: we like to BUY at 0.7045 with SL at 0.70196 and TP at 0.7100